Sunday, August 28, 2011

Printing Kaleidoscopes onto Fabric

Have you ever used printable fabric?  I've been having fun with it making these awesome quilt projects. 

I'm not a professional quilter by any means but I do like to get out my sewing machine once and a while and design some unique projects combing Dazzling Reflections kaleidoscopes and printable fabric.  Here are a few examples:

I saw this quilt block in a magazine and it was actually named "Sunflower", I took a photo of a sunflower and made several kaleidoscopes with Dazzling Reflections then printed them onto printable fabric.  After finishing the first block I decided to make several more blocks and join them together to make a table runner. 
















This was a practice block I made using assorted scrap blue and white fabric and a kaleidoscope designed from a photo of a hydrangea.  The finished size is 12.5" which will be perfect on top of a small side table.









Printable fabric is readily available at most fabric or craft stores and also online.  Some are washable some are not so take this into consideration when selecting a brand for your project.

To see more printable fabric projects click on the following link:

If you have used Dazzling Reflections and printable fabric to make projects we'd love to see them.  You can post them to our gallery or Facebook page or email them to me directly and I can post for you.

If you like to sew give this a try, it's great fun and a unique way to customize a project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment