Thursday, January 28, 2010

Craft Shows

Wow what a couple of weeks.  We had two shows this month, the Scrapbook Expo. in Costa Mesa and the CHA CraftSuper Show in Anaheim.  Both of these events were very successful for us and we welcome our new customers into the Poppy Hill Designs family.  We actually ran out of product at the CHA show, but I'm pleased to say that the last of the orders shipped yesterday.

The Costa Mesa show was a 3-day event targeted mostly to scrapbooking and paper crafting. I was introduced to a wonderful line of glitters by PK Glitz, look for some projects featuring them in the coming weeks.  I've also added a link to their site under the "Creative Partners" tab.

The CHA show was great, the attendance was awesome and it truly was a craft show with many types of crafts represented.  As a crafter I really enjoyed looking around the various booths and doing a little bit of shopping.  I was surprised to see how many sewing and knitting vendors that were there.  Provo Craft had a huge presence with a massive booth in the center of the hall showcasing their new products.  They had a great "make and take" it was a cupcake that you decorate using the fondant that was cut on the new Cricut Expression (for cake decorating), than putting it in a paper holder cut on the regular Cricut.  Lots of new Cuttlebug folders and die cuts were also on display.

I would have loved to stay for the CHA trade show that followed but our schedule just did not permit it this year.

Well, I better sign off, got a couple of wholesale orders that I need to pack up before the UPS guy comes.

Happy Crafting.

1 comment:

  1. Craft shows, I love them. This sounds like it would have been a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what new projects you have coming.

    ReplyDelete